1.06.2014

anniversary post + new camera




Hello friends,

I'm proud to say, January 3rd was my official 1st year blogging anniversary! And I have come a long way since then! I would have never thought I'd still be blogging today.

Blogging wasn't an entirely new thing to me at all. In fact I had a blog previous to this one named Dollikiwi or something along the lines of that. I mainly focused on makeup and beauty. Eventually, things didn't seem to click, so I ended up closing it down. It wasn't until the following year, I gave blogging another shot as my New Year's resolution!

When I first started this blog, my main focus was about my artwork on deviantart and was to be a scrap zone. As you can see, I've spiraled away from my main focus only being art, and more centered on a more lifestyle-like theme. Though, there are still a lot of artsy things worked into my blog. 

My first post went up January 2nd, but my first real post made it's debut on the third. [here]
Looking back at some of my posts makes me chuckle a bit. I was a lot more awkward than I am now at typing.

Some Achievements/ Highlights in this past year
Starting a blog 1/3/12
My first follower
First Libester Award
Reaching 10+ followers
Reaching 20+ followers 1/4/13
Reaching 40+ followers via Bloglovin

The real achievement is you! The people occasionally popping in to read what I have to randomly babble about, and for that I say: THANK YOU!

+

In other exciting news, I recently purchased a new camera! This will really give me the chance for photo-posting more frequently, so don't be surprised if a lot of my future posts include pics!

Till next time,
Gem

P.s. The kiriban event has now ended and if anyone won be sure to e-mail me asap!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blog and the work you have put in over the past year! :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on keeping up your blog! I just started mine and am hoping I will be able to keep it up. I've never had much luck with journaling in the past :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I'm sure you'll do fine ;)

      Delete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment below in response to this post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...