2.08.2014

2014 blogger challenge: storytime



Hey friends,

It's been a while— which I have midterms to blame! Time for another installment of the 2014 Blogger Challenge! This week's theme was books. Any type!

So, I decided to take a little trip back in time to some of my favorite books! 


First one up is actually a poem book. Mother Goose Rhymes to be exact! I loved (and still do) reading nursery rhymes. They always had a funny story to be told or a lesson to be learned. I still love this book specifically because of the large collection of poems and the marvelous artwork inside! Gorgeous details and patterns:



The next one, also a classic, is one of my faves for the sole reason of the title: it happens to have my name! It truly is a lovely book too!



Here are a couple other books I liked as a child:

One fish Two fish Red fish Blue fish
Nancy Drew (Series)
The Silver Chair
Hardy Boys (Series)
Cam Jansen ( Series)
Captain Underpants (Series)




Its pretty obvious- I liked reading series growing up...
So that's it for this post! Comment below if you had the same book tastes when growing up/ any books you've  read!

See ya,
Gem


8 comments:

  1. Hello lovelies! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it!! :)

    I'm your newest follower and looking forward to your next post - great pictures btw!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, and thanks for stopping by! ^^

      Delete
  2. I had this book!!! There was some beautiful pictures in it. I use to make up my own stories because I couldn't read then. :( haha Dr Seuss is a genius and his work will always be my favorite. So many good memories. I loved Green Eggs and Ham. <3 cute post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool!!! I known of anyone else having either of those books! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute post! There are so many childhood books that bring back sweet memories. The illustrations are all really beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I wish I had this book when I was younger.

    I used to read so many books but what I remember the most is the computer game Mixed Up Mother Goose. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a pretty fun game! I'm surprised to see so many people have this same book! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment below in response to this post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...