9.15.2014

THE GRADES OF WRATH



     Now I understand when people said, "I can't wait to be a senior," it was followed by a series of complying groans. I'm not judging, since I used to be one of these people—now I'm the one groaning. Left and right are project and tests dates, leaving little time to focus on college applications in the meanwhile. 
     I give props to the people who have to work and go to school at the same time. It is not an easy task. This summer, I had the experience of having to work a full time job, while balancing extracurriculars AND all my summer reading projects. I'll let you know now—it's not fun doing ten things at once! I had to pull an all-nighter to finish my essays, which I do not recommend!
Moving onwards, to thinking about college... I feel as though it like a long trek up a steep hill, but once you get all your supplementaries in its smooth sailing. But only until you make your final choice: Which I'm kinda anxious about. All the normal inquires like: "Will I pick the right univ. for me?" "What if I don't get along with my roommate and vice versa?" are constantly spinning in my head. And it doesn't help that my parents are trying to lock in my choices right away. I need some wiggle room, geez! 
     I do have sort of an idea about what type of groups I'd like to join. Never in all my years have I ever given thought to joining a sorority until recently. The fact is, I didn't really know what Greek life was all about since none of my parents were involve in things like that, nor did I really know anyone in a sorority back then. It also didn't help that there were stereotypes painted by movies with preppy spirited blondes always partying. Doing your research before giving into misconceptions are always a plus! 
     All can say is good luck to seniors like me this school year! Don't catch senioritis too early, always have a back up plan (and a second back up), make your deadlines, continue being involved, and don't forget to enjoy your last year of high school! On a side note, enjoy these pictures of grapes I took in my garden! I'm pretty proud of them!


3 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment below in response to this post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...