5.10.2015

A Celebration for Mother's Day

Before I start, I would first like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in the world, soon to be mothers, and past mothers! It's your special day that I hope you are able to use in the way you want.

Viewing the day from a kid perspective (soon to be an adult), I feel as though over the years the way Mother's Day is perceived changes. In elementary school our classes took a whole week in preparation for this special day. Middle school was more of the 'screw everyone' type of business, and by the time you get to high school you just say the words and that's it. I understand that as we grow up, the things we are expected to do/ the way we are expected to act changes, but I still miss the old sentiment from my childhood on this day. I miss making the hand-cutout cards and finger painted flowers. But, I guess that's what happens when you grow older.

This year, do something different (and I don't mean Pinterest-different)! Instead of taking your mom out somewhere to eat, set up the kitchen like a cute diner with a tablecloth and centerpiece. Go for a morning walk and do some yoga stretches with her. All I'm saying is go outside the box and use your talents to the best of your ability. If you're musically inclined, sing or play your mother a song. It's the thought that counts. She will take value in the moments that you and her can only experience once in a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment below in response to this post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...